Our primary mission is to promote self employment in the wake of a nation-wide skilled job crisis, and promote employment generation and make the Indian youth self sufficient. Dr Kalam, was not only a great scientist and leader who valued hard work and productivity above everything else. He had said, “Don’t declare a holiday on my death, instead work an extra day, if you love me.”
We do not just want “National Work Day” to be a day on the calendar. We want this to become a stepping stone in transforming Kalam’s Vision into reality
WHAT IS THE PINNACLE EVENT THAT THE CAMPAIGN WANTS TO ACHIEVE?
The National Work Day would be a day dedicated to
- 1. Self-Employment: To promote the concept of self employment in India as an alternate solution to combat the problem of unemployment and to help bridge the gap between employers and employees given the unique set of problems in India with respect to unavailability/unawareness of locally available skilled people in various domains
- 2. Hard Work: There is no alternative to hard work. There are no shortcuts to success. Let us dedicate a day to the integral importance of hard work in every sphere of life. If we salute hard work, then we don’t need to salute anybody else.
- 3. Honesty and Integrity: Honesty and integrity are practices that not only add credibility to work but it is also important to respect the work enough to not engage in ungodly practices. Kalam believed that if one wants to shine like the sun, he or she must first burn like the sun. There are no shortcuts to success, and there is no alternative to honest professional practice. These are the values we intend to inculcate among the youth.
- 4. Passion and Confidence: We must have the confidence and faith in our choice of work. We must not be afraid to take leaps of faith when it comes to our passion. We must always give it our 100%.
- 5. Ethical Practice of Profession: Every profession has an established code of ethics. However, often we tend to deviate from it to achieve quicker results or please other people or solely to avoid working hard. Respecting this ethical code of conduct is a manifestation of our love and respect towards our choice of profession. We must not malign it by adopting practices that undermine the inherent eminence.